Ceramic-based filtration is a state-of-the-art filtration technology that came about as an outgrowth of research in the nuclear power industry. While it has been well established that microfiltration and ultrafiltration are highly effective at removing particles to the sub-micron level, previous technologies have been limited by the chemical and temperature environments in which they can operate. Ceramic filters, however, are extremely robust.
CERA-CLEAR™ is a technology that can filter liquids to the sub-micron level, effectively clarifying, to a significant degree, a host of different streams high in COD/BOD (Chemical Oxygen Demand/Biochemical Oxygen Demand), TSS (Total Suspended Solids), TKN (Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen), O&G (Oil and Grease), and other insoluble or suspended materials, as well as some soluble matter. The principal of operation is cross-flow microfiltration or ultrafiltration using highly selective ceramic filters whose operating range is engineered for the targeted objectives.
The CERA-CLEAR™ JCS™ system provides the ability to remove all but the smallest organic molecules or soluble ions, clarifying juices, dairy products, wines, vinegars, ciders, liquor, vegatable juice, and sugars in the beverage industry.
JCS 1370™, 25 gpm Influent, 1500 gph Influent
- Greater than 99% removal of most contaminants and biologicals
- Clear juice / beverage filtrate exempt of suspended solids with extremely low turbidity
- Wine clarification results in a very clear filtrate ready for wine making. - Saves time avoiding decantation in tank.
- Dairy Milk protein fractionation, Bacteria and spore removal, whey seperation, milk concentration
- Chemically and biologically inert
- Resistance to extreme temperatures
- No chemical treatment required
- Resistance to concentrated acids, bases, & solvents
- Low initial equipment cost
- Low operating cost
- Low maintenance – ease of cleaning
- Long working life - measured in decades
- All stainless steel construction for piping, valves, and pumps.
Our ceramic elements do not wear out. Our systems use Clean In Place technology to maintain the elements.
- Our systems recover heat (energy) as well caustic solution, virtually doubling the savings
- Because our systems are ceramic based, we can process streams at any temperature from ambient to boiling
- Our energy recovery is clear and measurable with our automated Digital Dashboard.
- Our systems are deterministic, based on science, chemical engineering and mathematics
Our A.I. AOS™ (Autonomous Operating System) is highly evolved, automated & scalable.
- Our A.I. AOS™ control system is generations ahead of the competition
- Our highly evolved A.I. AOS™ monitors system performance, and every aspect of the system operation
- Operator Interface is an intuitive 10.4" 65k color touch screen interface.
- Our A.I. AOS™ is remote access & monitoring capable to your PC, iPad, Android based or mobile device
- Our Digital Dashboard provides messaging, alerts, & reports metrics for management and engineering staff
We have NO replaceable media
- Our systems remove all bacteria and do not go septic. Most bacteria cannot fit through the pores of our ceramic membranes. It is a matter of physics.
- Small physical footprint. Our small footprint relative to others; 4’ x 8’ cf. versus others’ systems of sand filters, carbon filters and additional tanks and pumps.
- Our system is extremely simple to install – four connections, all on the same side of the skid.
- Our JCS™ operates in concert with your systems, pervaporation systems, and semi-batch processing systems
- Filtrate is clear of suspended solids with the turbidity < 1 NTU
- Concentrate contains ~ 98 % of suspended matters with the turbidity > 1000 NTU.
CERA-CLEAR™ Juice Clarification System™
Porosities to 0.01 microns are now available, providing the ability to remove all but the smallest organic molecules or soluble ions. E3's JCS™ are ideally suited for clarifying juices and beverage streams in a wide range of industries .
It is important to have confidence that bacteria cannot be passed through the filters. Ceramic membranes deal in absolute porosities. These types of contaminants cannot pass through our ceramic membrane elements because they exceed the pore size of our membranes.
- Juice clarification
- Wine clarification
- Dairy milk
- Dairy whey separation
- Dairy milk concentration
- Syrup clarification
- Concentration of vegetable juices
- Vinegar clarification
- Cider clarification
- Re-melt liquor clarification
Some examples of juices that can be processed with the Juice Clarification System™
|Model JCS 1370™|
|Configuration||Feed / Bleed|
|Juice / Beverage Product Tank||Raw Juice Feed / Beverage|
|Rejection, Flow Rates & Pressures|
|COD||Influent Raw Waste 9118 mg/L, Effluent /Filtrate 139 mg/L, Total Reduction 99 %|
|TSS||Influent Raw Waste 1628 mg/L, Effluent / Filtrate < 5 mg/L, Total Reduction > 99 %|
|TKN||Influent Raw Waste 930 mg/L, Effluent / Filtrate 23 mg/L, Total Reduction 98 %|
|Nominal Feed Flow gpm (lpm)||20 (76)|
|Maximum Feed Flow gpm (lpm)||25 (95)|
|Filtrate Flow* gpm (lpm)||11.5 (43.5)|
|Minimum Concentrate Flow gpm (lpm)||2 (7.5)|
|Loop Pressure||70 - 100 psi|
|Feed Pressure||40 – 70 psi|
|Remote Access / Monitoring / Digital Dashboard||Ethernet RJ-45|
|Ceramic Membrane (elements) Module(s)||1|
|Ceramic Membrane Size||41 mm x 1200 mm|
|Ceramic Membrane Composition||AL203||TiO2|
|Ceramic Tube Sheet Array Size||16"|
|Pump Model Type||Centrifugal|
|Motor HP||7.5 HP|
|GPM @ PSI 60 (60 Hz)||120 gpm @ 60 psi|
|Pump Model Type||Centrifugal|
|Motor HP||25 HP|
|GPM @ PSI (60 Hz)||1250 gpm @ 30 psi|
|Control System & Sensors|
|E3 A.I. AOS 104 PU Controller||500 Mhz RISC CPU|
|E3 Security Appliance & VPN Encryption Engine||10/100/1000 mbps 7 port switch|
|PLC||IDEC Pentra FCSA - D12KIE|
|Operator Interface Panel||IDEC HG4G Color Touchscreen|
|Pneumatic Air Manifold||Parker Isys|
|VFD||Telemechanique - sized for applicable motor and current|
|Valve inductive proximity switch||10 - 30 VDC|
|Valve, Globe - AO||Schubert and Salzer 7010|
|Valve, Globe - Electrically Operated||Schubert and Salzer BM24C|
|Temperature sensor||thermistor, 0 - 350F, NTC type III|
|Pressure transducer||0 - 150 psi, 4 - 20 mA|
|Pressure transducer||0 - 15 psi, 4 - 20 maA|
|Pressure gauge||liquid filled, 0 - 200 psi, 2.5" dial|
|Pressure gauge||liquid filled, 0 - 30 psi, 2.5" dial|
|Flow meter||magnetic, 4 - 20 mA, GF Signet 2551|
|Conductivity||4 - 20 mA|
|Colorimeter||4 - 20 mA|
|Float switch||side mount|
|Transformer||240/480 to 120/240, 1000 VA|
|Air-over-water type automatic back pulse device||Automated|
|Clean-in-Place System, 50 gallon cleaning tank||Automated|
|One (1) NEMA 12 enclosure|
|Control Voltage||110V, 60Hz, 1 ph||110V, 50Hz, 1 ph|
|Voltage Options||240V, 60Hz, 3 ph / 480V, 60Hz, 3 ph||220V, 50Hz, 3 ph / 440V, 50Hz, 3 ph|
|PLC Module||24VDC, 120W|
|2-pole safety disconnect|
|Systems Dimensions **|
|L x W x H inch (cm)||96 x 48 x 102 (245 x 120 x 260)|
|Weight lb. (kg)||2250 (1020)|
|Ambient Operating Temperature||0 to 55°C /131°F|
|Operating Humidity||30-95% Level RH (no condensation)|
|Design Flow||100 gpm|
|Full Load Power Requirements||100/50 amps|
|Maximum Temperature||180 F|